Greta Thunberg and youth strikers have inspired the world. And people from all walks of life are responding.
Adults in all corners of the world have pledged to strike alongside school students in September. But we need more to heed the youth’s call for global solidarity to keep shaking our governments into serious action on the climate crisis.
You can help build an even louder drumbeat for September by inviting your friends for a week of actions. Check out this promotion pack to spread the word about climate strikes.
Parents, academics, bakers, trade unions, doctors, farmers, caretakers, celebrities, and teachers are among those organising for September 20-27. We can’t just leave it to young people to fix the mess that past generations have created.
Unions in Australia are building solidarity with the school strikers and are now gearing up with inspiring action plans to support the climate strikes in September.
The need for our collective action couldn’t be more urgent. Together, we must demand governments to stop acting in the interest of big business instead of that of our children.
For inspiration, here are some of the stories about adults who have pledged to support our young people in September:
1. Parents’ letter
2. 224 Academics support the brave stand of the school climate strike children
3. Teachers want climate crisis training, poll shows
4. Bakers, Food, and Allied Workers Union supports the Climate Strike
5. Trade Union supports students climate strikes
6. Green Building Store joins the Global Climate Strike
7. Doctors against climate catastrophe
8. Workers strike will reveal if firms really care about climate change