With just 7 days to go until the massive September 20 Global Climate Strike, over 3,500 events are planned, with more being added every day!
The month of July was the hottest we’ve ever recorded, and reports by scientists predict that we’re already standing at the edge of the sixth great extinction.
These stories are just some of the million reasons why youth are striking for the climate. We are seeing a renewed sense of urgency and momentum around the world and we need your help to make sure everyone knows how they can use their voice.
Below are some ways you can help turn people out:
- Register to join one of our media training calls. This free online training will talk about how we can use media attention to communicate our power, campaigns, and the goals of the climate movement with the world.
- Help local organisers to distribute sign-up sheets and flyers about the climate strike event in your community. Check out these recruitment tactics to help you get started.
- Promote, promote, promote! There’s tons of guides and resources you can use to promote the #ClimateStrike, feel free to use these and invite more people to join.
- Use your Voice. It’s important to tell your own story of why the #ClimateStrike matters to you and encourage your community to join you.
- Know the Media tips and tricks! Stories move us, spring us into action, cause us to reflect on how things are, or reckon with how they need to change. When we tell our stories we make our movement visible, and catch the attention of the media and the general public. They’re a key part of how we shift the narrative and end the age of fossil fuels.
The stakes could not be higher, and what happens next will depend on all of us. Let’s do everything we can to turn things around starting with disrupting business as usual this September 20-27.